Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"That's A Wrap"

I am still finding it hard to grasp the concept that this will be my eleventh and last blog of the semester! It seems like just yesterday that I was brain storming ideas for the focus of my blog and now here I am with ten down and one to go. However, I have a strong feeling that it’s the fact I have just finished my first semester as a junior in college that I am really not coming to terms with. I mean who here is actually upset that this is our last blog, just kidding! This blog really has helped me become even more informed on NBC New Publicity and the company in general. Considering my perfect world consists of becoming a NBC Page and eventually a future employee of this corporation, this was a great way to help keep my priorities in line. Now enough about being depressed that my life is flashing before my eyes, this week our assignment is to comment on two classmate’s blogs. Therefore, I have selected Caryn Lieberman’s post on the importance of technology and Roberta Soare’s post about an awesome experiment regarding environmental friendly fashion.

Caryn Lieberman’s post is about the importance of technology in the public relations field. In an article she found they made an interesting point regarding how the growth in social networking has been fueled by the transition from PC to mobile. I feel it is interesting to think that originally social media was created to be accessed from computers, but the tables have turned due to societies need and obsession for information at their hands. In the article researched it states that mobile users spend on average 3.1 hours per week on social networking sites compared to just 2.2 hours on email. In addition, researchers predict that consumers expect their use of social networking on mobiles to increase more than use through PC. I definitely agree with this prediction and even wonder what new ways social media will be appearing beyond mobile and PC devises.

When taking a look at Roberta Soare’s post, she has centered her blog on fashion which I have stated over and over is my biggest guilty pleasure besides the media. In this awesome article she found, it explains how a line called Bio Couture is being created and will be the first biodegradable clothing line. This experiment began in 2006 and has three completed garments up to date. In addition, the scientist Suzanne Lee and material scientist Dr. David Hepworth have created Lee Bio Jewelry which is a jewelry line that uses human bone cells. This jewelry line has received a lot of attention because of celebrities who have donated their bone cells to help make the jewelry. Just imagine being able to walk around with Tina Fey’s bone cells on your neck: creepy or just plain awesome? Whatever you answer may be, the fact is none of this could have even been possible without research which is why it is so important in not just public relations, but almost every work field.

So there you have it, my last two comments on my classmate’s post and my last blog of the semester. I have really enjoyed getting my thoughts buzzing each week and sharing with you my different findings and ideas regarding NBC and public relations in general. Now before I go back into my time is going too fast depression, I will let you all know that writing about NBC News Publicity and the media field has been a pleasure. I wish all of my classmates the best in their future public relations experiences! In addition, this blog has been an awesome experience and I will definitely be making one for my future journey next semester to Europe. Alright everyone that is all for now and I am sure at some point in time we will meet again, but until that day comes you are more than welcome to click here for the most up to date information about what is going on at NBC News PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment